Friday, July 15, 2016

7/15/2016 Officially in South Africa

Officially Landed in South Africa

I landed in South Africa at 4:30PM SAST. I decided to wait for some of my groupmates: Mohammed, Katherine, Silver and Kareen. Their plane was delayed so after about 2 hours I met up. We exchanged our money and brought our gold card to go on the Gautrain. You cannot eat on the train or you will pay a fine. Silver and I was about to eat our food but the passengers warned us. Their I can see why the people were enforcing the rules. The train station was clean. It took forever for the Hilton shuttle train to come. We arrived at the hotel with the rest of the members. We ate food and talked about the plans for the week. The elevator (lifts) stopped working so we had to walk up all the way up to the 6th floor. The showers here feels amazing and they had bath robes and a gym. 


Pictures from the Gautrain: We are were very tired but nonetheless anxious to head to the hotel







One American Dollar equals approximately 14 Rand 







 Gautrain Ticket



No comments:

Post a Comment