Wednesday, July 20, 2016

7/20/2016 Bloemfontein





Today was our last day in Johannesburg. We had to travel to Bloemfontein, South Africa  through the airplanes. If we would have  drove from JNB to Bloemfontein, it would have taken us about 8 hours. However the plane ride was about an hour plane ride. Also too, I was able to get good sleep on it. 

For the next three days, we are staying in the University of the Free States hotel named Kovsie Inn. We also have a guest ID. The rooms looks very similar to dorms. The campus is beautiful. After we put our luggages in our rooms, we went to a restaurant named "Long Horn Steak House". In JNB, the predominate race are Black South Africans. Besides the men creepily staring at me, the hospitality was nice where people did not mind opening the doors for you. In Bloemfontein outside of UFS, the population is predominately Afrikaans and let's just say we had an interesting encounter.

There was a liquor store in the same plaza as Longhorn Steak House. I went to purchase an Amarula bottle for R130 ($9.00). When I purchased the bottle, I asked the cashier "How do you say thank you in Afrikaans?" She said "Dankie". To me, it sounds like the word "Donkey" :P. After she asked me where I am from, she gave me a free bottle of "Melktertjies". It tastes like melted Milk Dudes mixed with Vodka. It tastes really good. Afterwards, I headed to LHSH." One person was holding the door for us and said "I am tired of holding this s*** someone else needs to hold the door and lets go of the door. " I sarcastically said " Well Thank you too then".

We got to meet Karen and some of her guests and we ate some food. This was the time to get to know one another and learn about people's POV on their countries and other world wide issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment